Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Driving and owning a vehicle comes with risk. Fortunately, with the right auto insurance policy, you can minimize some of your risks and financially protect yourself from high out-of-pocket costs following an accident. Beyond that, Michigan state law requires drivers to carry minimum levels of auto insurance. To find out what your coverage needs may be and ensure they’re compliant with state law, contact Garceau Insurance Agency today.
What Types of Auto Insurance Coverage Are Typical?
Policies vary depending on the needs of the car owner, but the following coverage options are typically available:
- Liability insurance helps insure against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and, in some cases, deaths).
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their car.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance helps pay for non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers, regardless of who was at-fault for the accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to MedPay coverage, in that it helps to pay for your medical bills. However, it also provides wage replacement benefits and coverage for funeral costs following an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
There are other types of coverage, such as rental reimbursement and roadside assistance, to name a few. Talk with your agent today to find out what other lines of coverage may be right for you.
Is Auto Insurance Coverage Mandatory?
In Michigan, car owners must carry minimum amounts of personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, property protection insurance, and residual bodily injury and property damage liability insurance. Although these are the minimum requirements, it’s essential not to limit yourself to the smallest coverage options. Carrying adequate auto insurance can financially protect you from high accident-related costs. Speak to an agent at Garceau Insurance Agency to learn more about auto insurance requirements.
Get Covered Today
If you are a car owner near Escanaba, Michigan, we can help you out. The experienced agents at Garceau Insurance Agency can assist you in learning more about auto insurance so you can decide on the best coverage for you and your car.
Get covered today by contacting us at 906-789-0900.